You’ll love this easy-prep, EDITABLE camping-themed orientation game to introduce students to their school library this back-to-school season!
The life-size board game is designed for students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade, but can also be used for middle school library orientation with a few minor tweaks. To play the game, groups of students move around on colorful paper spaces while answering questions about the library sections, procedures, and policies.
This 24-page back-to-school lesson includes:
- Instructions for setting up the life-size board game
- Printable Campfire Clue Cards with choice of text or QR code questions
- Printable board game / scavenger hunt student answer sheet and answer key
- Board game / scavenger hunt set-up instructions
- 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade Lesson Plan in Microsoft Word .docx file format, aligned to:
- 2018 AASL National School Library Standards for Learners,
- National Common Core ELA Standards, and
- Pennsylvania Core ELA Standards.
- A list of other supplies needed – PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW to find out exactly what you will need or how you will need to modify the lesson if you aren’t able to get them.
All files are editable in Microsoft Word .docx file format and also available in easy-to-print PDF file format.
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Inquire – A.2.
- Include – B.1. – D.2.
- Collaborate – A.2. – A.3. – B.1. – B.2. – C.1. – C.2. – D.1. – D.2.
- Curate – A.1.
- Explore – A.1.
Common Core English Language Arts Standards –
© Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link, or email us directly at [email protected] with questions or special requests.