We care about your privacy online, so here is relevant information regarding privacy on our website LibrariansTeach.com. Our goal is to safeguard the privacy of all our visitors and users. Please make sure you understand our practices before you use our site.
2.0 No Childrens’ Use
Our website is not intended for children, which is defined as anyone under 13 years of age in the US and anyone under 16 in the EU. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian be willing to agree to these terms on their behalf. If you are a child under these definitions, you may not use or provide any information on this Website; use any of its features or register; make any purchases; use any of the interactive or public comment features; or provide any information about yourself to us.
If we learn that we have received personal information from a child without parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at info [at] librariansteach.com.
3.0 Data: Do we collect it, and what do we do with it? (for EU visitors)
3.1 Data Collection Table
|PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT||PURPOSE OF COLLECTING DATA||LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTION AND PROCESSING|
|NAME||Provide goods/services; |
Personalize website/email experience;
Protect our company
|We will ask for consent.|
|EMAIL ADDRESS||Provide goods/services; |
Send emails about goods/services
|We will ask for consent.|
Calculate applicable sale tax
|Deliver goods/services as part of a transaction|
|BILLING INFORMATION||Collect payment for goods/services||Contracted purchase.|
|QUESTION||To answer questions and improve site experience and offerings||Need questions to provide answers.|
3.2 Who Has Access to the Data We Collect?
We process and store data we collect from you, but we may also use third parties to assist us with processing your personal data including the following categories of vendors:
- Financial transaction processors (Stripe, WooCommerce)
- Customer service communication platform (Google Workplace, formerly Google Suite for Business)
- Contest and survey platform
- Email communication manager (ConvertKit)
- Website management services (WordPress, WooCommerce)
- Website design and programming services (Codefetti LLC)
- Website analytics services (Google Analytics, WooCommerce Analytics)
Any of these third parties who help process or store your data have written agreements with us that prevent them from using, sharing, or storing your personal data for any other purpose than the scope of our contracted terms with them.
3.3 Legitimate Interest
We claim a legitimate interest for processing your personal information when you submit the information with an expectation that it will be processed without any impact on you. If you have questions about your data, what we use it for, or the basis for us collecting it, please contact us at info [at] librariansteach.com.
3.4 How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
We keep your personal data for differing periods of time depending on why we gathered it:
- Opt-In to Email Newsletter: 36 months after unsubscribing from all email communications
- Opt-In to Subscription Product emails: 36 months after unsubscribing from all email communications
- Waiting List: 24 months
- Transactions: Seven years for tax audit purposes
- Submitting Questions: Five years
- Survey data: 24 months
If a legal claim arises involving your data, we will store and disclose that data to the relevant parties until the matter has been resolved.
3.5 Your Right to Ask for Corrections, Erasure, and Export of Your Data:
You have the right to control your personal data. Specifically, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed: We are informing you now with this policy.
- The right of access: We’ll provide you with the data we have about you.
- The right to rectification: Request we fix incorrect data about you.
- The right to erasure: Request we erase certain data about you.
- The right to restrict processing: Ask us to restrict certain types of processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability: Ask us to provide your personal data we have for export.
- The right to object: Object to how we use your data.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: We don’t profile you, but keep in mind you have this right with other sites.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact info [at] librariansteach.com. with your request.
3.6 Your Right to Withdraw Consent
Although this is mentioned above, we want to emphasize that wherever we’ve asked for your consent to collect or process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent. If you receive email messages from us, you can use the Unsubscribe link in each message to withdraw consent and stop the mailings. Alternatively, you can contact us at info [at] librariansteach.com with your request.
3.7 Do We Transfer Your Data to Third Countries?
No. We are located in the United States. Your data is collected and held here.
3.8 Privacy Concerns, Contacting Us, Complaints
You can contact info [at] librariansteach.com with any questions or requests about these policies or your personal data. If, after contacting us, you feel a privacy issue has not be resolved, you have the right to file a complaint with a Supervisory Authority such as the Data Protection Commissioner of Ireland.
Representative: Librarians Teach, LLC
info [at] librariansteach.com
You can also send correspondence by mail to Librarians Teach LLC, 1653 Lititz Pike, #1077, Lancaster, PA 17601.
3.9 Cookies and Similar Technologies
This site uses the following cookies:
- __cf_bm from ConvertKit to distinguish between humans and bots
- __cfduid from the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic
- rc::a from Google to distinguish between humans and bots
- rc::c from Google to distinguish between humans and bots
- wc_cart_hash_# from WooCommerce to determine when shopping cart contents/data changes
- wc_fragments_# from WooCommerce to remember items a user has placed in a shopping cart and ensure that cart functionality works perfectly
- _ga from Google Analytics to register a unique ID that is used to generate anonymous statistical data on how a visitor use this website
- _gat from Google Analytics to to limit the number of requests from a visitor’s browser to Google services
- _gid from Google Analytics to register a unique ID that is used to generate anonymous statistical data on how a visitor use this website
- collect from Google Analytics to send data to Google Analytics about your device and web browsing behavior. This cookie also tracks a visitor across devices and marketing channels.
- ckid from ConvertKit landing pages to track visitors on multiple websites, in order to present relevant advertisement based on the visitor’s preferences
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
4.0 For California Folks
4.1 Do Not Track Signals:
Pursuant to the California Online Privacy Protection Act, we hereby disclose that we do not currently honor Do Not Track signals issued by browsers or other third-party sources.
4.2 California Eraser Law:
If you are an individual under 18 and have provided personal information or content to us in some manner, you have the right to request the deletion of that information pursuant to the “California Eraser Law.” Contact us to make such a request at info [at] librariansteach.com.
5.0 For Our Valued Friends Regardless of Location
5.2 Legal Disclosures of Personal Information:
We may process, store, and disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to 1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us; 2) protect and defend our rights or property; or 3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the site.
5.3 DMCA Disclosures:
We comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. As part of the compliance process, we may be required to disclose whatever information we have for you to a copyright holder who has submitted a complaint to us.
5.4 Public Interaction with Others:
If you interact with others on our website, such as participating in a group chat or a group online course, in a forum, or make a comment on a post, or otherwise interact with other users—they may have access to some of your data, including your name, profile picture, and your history of interaction with our website, such as prior comments or posts.
Please remember that any information you provide is not private and that the Internet rarely forgets. Any publicly posted can be viewed, well, publicly, and could be viewed by anyone, including family, friends, media, investigators, and potential employers conducting background checks.
5.5 Third Party Websites:
We link to other sites, but please keep in mind that we do not control the privacy policies of those sites. Make sure to review the policies of these sites before providing your personal information.
5.6 Sale of Business:
Should we sell a portion or all of this site or our business, your personal information will be an asset transferred to the new owner.
6.0. Miscellaneous Legal
6.2 Entire Agreement
The information contained herein constitutes the entire agreement between site users and our company relating to the use of this website.
6.3 Law and Jurisdiction